Friday, March 4, 2016

I: Version Two

from Book of the Year Three Thousand

I like a great hot blowing wind swept down upon the great plain my sword the
sun my spear a screaming hawk made of blood my shield a shower of gold plumes
plummeting down in blazes of fire before my swarming opening eye like a great
singing hawk made of mouths swooped down upon the great plain my sword a sea
of restless flame my spear silver moon rays on shimmering diamond needle points
my shield expanding in the swarming sky like a great hot bursting sun swam
down upon the great plain my sword the number five my spear frail the curve
of the crescent moon my shield a wound and a dark cry like a great blossoming
storm swirled down upon the great plain my sword the knives of autumn rain
my spear zig zag lightning my shield a shining soaring wing on high like a great
boiling sea poured down upon the great plain my sword a swarm of sunken flames
my spear a pure overwhelming word my shield a sure touch and a shared sigh
like a great shuddering tree fell down upon the great plain my sword the
sudden revelation of dreams my spear streaming raggy winds my shield a gigantic
soaring bird begins to fly like a great raging river flowed down upon the
great plain my sword the flowering crystal laughter my spear the wan moon in
the water my shield a soft hand gently waving goodbye like a great motion of
leaves fluttered down upon the great plain my sword the swift sure retribution
my spear the appearance of complete concentric circles my shield the soft
deceitful lie like a great writhing serpent dropped down upon the great plain
my sword the speckled glinting clusters my spear a clear glow from the horizon
my shield a slowly forming enigmatic smile like a great shining desert mirage
floated down upon the great plain my sword a sudden stillness of the air my
spear streaks of red and yellow my shield sheltering one who was about to die  
like a great rolling wheel of dreams wound down upon the great plain my sword
a stone my spear a buzzing fly my shield a mountain of dry salt and there
in the midst of five enormous lakes filled with blood there there in the midst
of five enormous lakes filled with blood I met the friendly truth he had a
gold tooth gold tooth gold tooth gold tooth gold tooth gold tooth gold tooth

No comments:

Post a Comment